Volunteer to help Albany Civic Theater!
Volunteers are a vital part of our theater, and duties are not limited to acting. We can utilize any special talent that you have, no matter if you would like to usher, help build sets, assist in making costumes or even help us meet and greet patrons to our theater. We can use volunteers to help in any and all areas of our theater. It’s a wonderful way to be a part of the ACT family, and best of all, every time you volunteer, you get to see a performance FOR FREE!
If you are interested, please send us an email that contains your name, address, and a phone number where you can be reached. Also, let us know what types of jobs might interest you. Categories include:
• Hospitality: Help prepare/set out and clean up refreshments for intermission: coffee, tea, candy bars and water. Hospitality volunteers are also asked to help sell raffle tickets for the play’s raffle basket. Typical time commitment for a performance: 1.5 hours.
• Ushers: Greet patrons in a friendly manner, hand out programs, show patrons to their seats. Typical time commitment for a performance: Half-hour, and ushers can watch the show the same evening they volunteer.
• Lighting: Hanging, focusing and/or running lights for performances using a computerized lighting board.
• Costumes: Selection of, sewing, fitting, altering of costumes for shows. The company owns a large selection of costumes.
• Props: Obtaining and/or creating props needed for performances. Keeping inventory records of company owned props.
• Set Construction: Help build and/or paint sets, build furniture.
• Stage Crew: Help out behind the scenes during the productions, moving sets and props, dressers.
• Other: Any talents you have and are willing to share with our company.